SAFETY SERIES:- 18
HAZARDS AND ITS CONTROL METHOD FALL OF OBJECTS
Use Safety Helmets when in Construction sites. Always use Chin strap fitted with the helmet.
- Do not place hand tools in places from which they are liable to fall. (E.g. at shaft entrance, scaffold, ladder).
- Do not leave hand tools in working platforms after completion of work.
- Maintain tool-gripping portion clean to avoid slippage while using hand tools.
- Do not carry tools in dress pockets while entering the shaft.
- Do not throw any material when working at height, which may injure others.
- Hoisting equipment must be inspected before use. Make sure slings are positioned and secured in a manner that will prevent the load from shifting or slipping during hoisting.
- Never stand or walk beneath a suspended load.
- Use only Chain Pulley Block, which is calibrated, and Safe Working Load (SWL) is known.
- Good housekeeping should be done in the site daily.
- Cover the holes in machine room to prevent fall of any material through it.
- Trap door should be available in machine room before commencement of work.
Visit for Safety Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChREXvbLQ3fPxOLKflPRj_g