Safety Series:- 2
Eyes Are God’s Greatest Gift,Protect Them
There are some things that we always take for granted. One of them is eyesight. But thousands of people injure their eyes in accidents every year. Only then do they realize that eyes are one of our most precious possessions – something, which one cannot afford to replace.
Protect your eyes against Mechanical hazards arising out of flying objects at the workplace – sparks, flying chips, particles, dust etc. Chemical hazards can result in splashes or spillages: especially when powders and liquids are splashed, agitated or shaken. Heat, glare, ultra-violet and infra-red rays originate from Radiation or Thermal hazards. Learn to identify these hazards and protect your eyes.
- Some of the accepted safety rules are:Wear your safety glasses when working.
- Wear close-fitting safety goggles or cup sided shields while grinding.
- Scratched, pitted or damaged safety glasses should be replaced immediately.
- Wear properly shaded lenses when welding and cutting.
- Do not look directly into open containers of hazardous materials.
- Make sure power tools have been turned off before you remove goggles.
- Be sure hands or handkerchiefs are clean before wiping face and eyes.
Visit for Safety Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChREXvbLQ3fPxOLKflPRj_g